Guard Waterproof Composite Dressing is a sterile, multi-layered foam dressing that provides a warm moist healing environment. The waterproof top layer acts as a bacterial barrier, protecting the wound from any outside liquids that can cause infection. The inner foam layer absorbs drainage, while the low-adherent contact layer and adhesive non-woven fabric border provide protection to the wound bed and are gentle on the skin.
Composite dressings can be used as a primary or secondary dressing to help treat patients with acute or chronic wounds such as pressure sores, leg ulcers and withdrawn I.V. sites of partial to full thickness at wound stages 2, 3 and 4.
- Multi-layer composite dressing that provides a moist wound healing environment with protection from outside contaminants.
- Four-layer construction: low-adherent contact layer, absorbent pad, semi-occlusive barrier film and conformable adhesive non-woven fabric border.
- Medium absorbency dressing used for moderate exuding wounds.
- Primary or secondary dressing to manage chronic and acute wounds at stages 2, 3 and 4.
- Used on lower extremity ulcers, donor sites and partial to full thickness wounds.
|Wound Stage||2, 3, 4|
|Primary or Secondary Dressing||Primary or Secondary|